You cannot get swine flu from eating pork. Repeat: You cannot get swine flu from eating pork. But paranoid shoppers are still cutting back on their pig consumption. So Indrani Sen at the New York Times Diner’s Journal blog declared an unofficial "Support Pork Week" to dispel any lingering fears. Bacon, prosciutto, sausage, pulled pork—eat away.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How the Science of Salt Can Improve Your Tomatoes
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory