Wired hips us to a few "cheat codes" for chains, like In-N-Out Burger's Flying Dutchman (two beef patties, two cheese slices, no bun) and Starbucks' Red Eye (drip coffee with a shot of espresso).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad