Wired hips us to a few "cheat codes" for chains, like In-N-Out Burger's Flying Dutchman (two beef patties, two cheese slices, no bun) and Starbucks' Red Eye (drip coffee with a shot of espresso).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- 19 Pancakes, Waffles, Muffins, and More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto
- What You're Really Getting When You Buy Parmesan Cheese in America