Wired hips us to a few "cheat codes" for chains, like In-N-Out Burger's Flying Dutchman (two beef patties, two cheese slices, no bun) and Starbucks' Red Eye (drip coffee with a shot of espresso).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew