Wired hips us to a few "cheat codes" for chains, like In-N-Out Burger's Flying Dutchman (two beef patties, two cheese slices, no bun) and Starbucks' Red Eye (drip coffee with a shot of espresso).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now
- The Food Lab: How to Make New York's Finest Sicilian Pizza at Home