Congrats to Kavya Shivashankar of Olathe, Kansas (my hometown, yay!) on her victory in the 2009 Scripps National Spelling Bee yesterday. Eat Me Daily has a list of food words from the spelling bee, including geusioleptic, blancmange, Neufchâtel, trattoria, sommelier, tagliatelle, fedelini, and perciatelli.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?