foie gras debates in San Francisco, Caille Millner says, "Perhaps that's why Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi, the bill's sponsor, didn't call me back—what can he say, really? That the world is a better place because San Francisco's offering a pat on the back to restaurants who stop serving foie gras? That keeping foodies from having too much happiness is a positive development? That it's OK to kill the ducks for their meat, but not their liver?"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure