foie gras debates in San Francisco, Caille Millner says, "Perhaps that's why Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi, the bill's sponsor, didn't call me back—what can he say, really? That the world is a better place because San Francisco's offering a pat on the back to restaurants who stop serving foie gras? That keeping foodies from having too much happiness is a positive development? That it's OK to kill the ducks for their meat, but not their liver?"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide