A group of students who helped seed the new 1,100-square-foot plot on the South Lawn guessed $100,000, the Washington Post reports. "My husband would go crazy if he thought we were spending that kind of money," Michelle Obama said. The actual price: $200.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast