For almost 20 years now I have dreamed about putting on the ultimate food and music festival, a celebration that would bring together food from seriously delicious spots around the country along with some of my favorite chefs and musicians.
Well, on June 13 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California (right across the street from Google headquarters), my dream is coming true.
Yup, that's when the inaugural Great American Food & Music Fest is taking place, from noon to 10 p.m. Tickets start at $35, which includes general admission to all the food and music areas and your first plate of food. Separate all-you-can-eat, VIP, and wine-tasting tickets are also available. All tickets can be purchased here.
Who and what is going to be there? So many serious purveyors, chefs, and musicians that I can hardly believe it, with more folks being confirmed every day. Bobby Flay will be hosting the whole shebang, and Guy Fieri will be there as well.
Here's a list of the purveyors. There's no way you could visit all these places—from all over the country—in one day, much less in 10 hours. So we're bringing them to you:
- Katz's Deli, pastrami sandwiches (New York)
- Pink's Hot Dogs, chili dogs (Los Angeles)
- Tony Luke's, cheesesteaks (Philadelphia)
- Barney Greengrass, bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese (New York)
- Southside Market & Barbecue (Elgin, Texas)
- Graeter's Ice Cream (Cincinnati)
- Anchor Bar, home of the original Buffalo chicken wings (Buffalo, New York)
- Junior's,cheesecake (Brooklyn)
- Zingerman's Deli, curating (ha ha) the ultimate bacon plate (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
The Bay Area is going to be well represented by its own Best of Bay Area food purveyor tent and an all-star team of chefs doing demos, including A 16's Nate Appleman, Boulevard's Nancy Oakes, and meat, pork and sausage master Bruce Aidells
For serious wine lovers we're putting together a tasting tent with American wines and appropriate and seriously delicious nibbles.
And we're just getting started. In the coming days we will be announcing more purveyors, chefs,food personalities, and musicians who I am just as excited about.
In the coming weeks we're going to be posting about a lot of the folks who are helping me to realize my dream. We hope we're going to see lots of serious eaters there. I can't wait.