According to the television industry blog The Live Feed, The Chopping Block, Marco Pierre White's first stateside attempt at television stardom, has been canceled. This isn't surprising. As we noted after its premiere, The Chopping Block simply wasn't very good television. Even star turns by Corby Kummer and Jeffrey Steingarten couldn't redeem what was in the end an unnecessary, unoriginal attempt to capitalize on the success of Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen. [via arm1970]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free