Diner's Journal reports that the Ethiopian government has accused the nation's six largest exporters of hoarding beans until world coffee prices rise. The second half of this news item explains how the "Yirgacheffe" designation may become all but meaningless.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- Seafood Fraud: The Turning Tides of an Industry Epidemic
- The Best Honing Steel (Not Sharpening Steel!) for Your Knife
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods