Diner's Journal reports that the Ethiopian government has accused the nation's six largest exporters of hoarding beans until world coffee prices rise. The second half of this news item explains how the "Yirgacheffe" designation may become all but meaningless.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Not Your Average Frozen Cocktail: 11 Recipes to Try This Summer
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto