Salty, crispy, porky goodness. Pork scratchings, also known as pork rinds or cracklings, are a girl's best friend. Well, only a certain kind of girl. The good kind? These pork scratchings from Alex of Just Cook It are a snap to make. Just procure some cheap/free pigskin from your local friendly butcher, salt, cure, and pop in the oven. As Alex says, "This is cooking so easy that it should come with a pair of slippers, a velvet robe and large armchair for relaxing in."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For