Although it's the end of March, springtime weather has yet to hit all of us. In light of the cold and rainy weather in Vancouver, Allen of Eating Out Loud made Chinese braised spare ribs using a mixture of soy sauce and rice wine along with some golden syrup. The ribs turned out "tender and slightly sweet with an undertone of the salty caramelized soy sauce." Maybe it's not such a bad thing if spring has yet to arrive.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum