Although it's the end of March, springtime weather has yet to hit all of us. In light of the cold and rainy weather in Vancouver, Allen of Eating Out Loud made Chinese braised spare ribs using a mixture of soy sauce and rice wine along with some golden syrup. The ribs turned out "tender and slightly sweet with an undertone of the salty caramelized soy sauce." Maybe it's not such a bad thing if spring has yet to arrive.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk