Although it's the end of March, springtime weather has yet to hit all of us. In light of the cold and rainy weather in Vancouver, Allen of Eating Out Loud made Chinese braised spare ribs using a mixture of soy sauce and rice wine along with some golden syrup. The ribs turned out "tender and slightly sweet with an undertone of the salty caramelized soy sauce." Maybe it's not such a bad thing if spring has yet to arrive.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out
- How to Make Real-Deal Cuban Sandwiches
- The Food Lab: Finding My Mojo With Cuban-Style Roast Pork
- 18 Party-Friendly Burger and Sandwich Recipes for July 4th
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin