Diana Kuan of food blog Appetite for China names her top five movies starring Chinese food: Eat, Drink, Man, Woman; A Christmas Story; My Life as McDull; Rice Rhapsody; and The Joy Luck Club. I would also add one of my favorite movies, the comedy God of Cookery directed by Stephen Chow. If you haven't seen it before, watch an introductory clip after the jump. In true Stephen Chow style, it's out there, but that doesn't even begin to cover the scope of the whole movie. What other movies would you add to this list?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)