Because plastic trays and buffet lines do have a curious romantic quality, take your sugarbuns to Ikea. Updated: At select U.S. stores from 5:30 to 8 p.m., couples can feed each other "Salmon Wellington, divine rice pilaf and some Sweetie-Baby carrots with Cha-Cha-chive sauce" plus a free bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider for $19.90. At Canadian outlets after 3 p.m., the deal includes "steak, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and sautéed onions topped with a brandy peppercorn sauce," finished off with a piece of cake for $19.98.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Gyudon (Beef and Rice Bowl) Is Japan's Most Foolproof Dish