Because plastic trays and buffet lines do have a curious romantic quality, take your sugarbuns to Ikea. Updated: At select U.S. stores from 5:30 to 8 p.m., couples can feed each other "Salmon Wellington, divine rice pilaf and some Sweetie-Baby carrots with Cha-Cha-chive sauce" plus a free bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider for $19.90. At Canadian outlets after 3 p.m., the deal includes "steak, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and sautéed onions topped with a brandy peppercorn sauce," finished off with a piece of cake for $19.98.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef