Because plastic trays and buffet lines do have a curious romantic quality, take your sugarbuns to Ikea. Updated: At select U.S. stores from 5:30 to 8 p.m., couples can feed each other "Salmon Wellington, divine rice pilaf and some Sweetie-Baby carrots with Cha-Cha-chive sauce" plus a free bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider for $19.90. At Canadian outlets after 3 p.m., the deal includes "steak, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and sautéed onions topped with a brandy peppercorn sauce," finished off with a piece of cake for $19.98.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Serve Your Valentine Breakfast in Bed With These 20 Brunch Recipes