Jamón Ibérico de bellota. At $169 a pound, this is definitely a treat in this day and age. Gastrodamus says, "Let a piece sit on your tongue for a little bit to really taste the different flavors. The acorn flavor is in the fat. Should be thinly sliced with a knife, not with a machine." [via The Serious Eats Flickr Pool]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.