Neil Cicierega bought a box full of fake plastic food. So he wrote a song about it. And thus "Toy Food" was born, the catchy song with the informative chorus: "Toy food / Like real food, but is toy / Toy food / Not real food, do not eat." My next favorite line is "Milk / Peas / Gourd / Meat." Who knew the world of plastic food was so vast? Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out
- How to Make Real-Deal Cuban Sandwiches
- The Food Lab: Finding My Mojo With Cuban-Style Roast Pork
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- 18 Party-Friendly Burger and Sandwich Recipes for July 4th