Neil Cicierega bought a box full of fake plastic food. So he wrote a song about it. And thus "Toy Food" was born, the catchy song with the informative chorus: "Toy food / Like real food, but is toy / Toy food / Not real food, do not eat." My next favorite line is "Milk / Peas / Gourd / Meat." Who knew the world of plastic food was so vast? Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?