Oprah gained 40 pounds, and one of her vices was blue corn chips. Hain-Celestial, the makers of the chips Oprah held up in the episode, gently encouraged her to stick to a single serving. On the same note, the Times warns that foods with a "health halo" can be evil.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef