Serious Eats community member Zchef2Know gives some great insight into the behind-the-scenes revenues of Girl Scout cookies. If the numbers are accurate (and it appears they are), a local troop makes about 50¢ a box. In that case, Zchef2Know says, you'd best help them by buying one or two boxes and donating the value of any additional boxes directly to the troop.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad