Serious Eats community member Zchef2Know gives some great insight into the behind-the-scenes revenues of Girl Scout cookies. If the numbers are accurate (and it appears they are), a local troop makes about 50¢ a box. In that case, Zchef2Know says, you'd best help them by buying one or two boxes and donating the value of any additional boxes directly to the troop.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops