Cindy, of Hungry Girl Por Vida, made an earlier version of this jam cake, but was heartbroken after dropping half of it on the floor. Sad faces all around. For her second try, she combined two different recipes and finally got to enjoy what she deserves. With a jeweled swirl of jam and a simple crown of confectioners' sugar, this is a "charming little cake, perfect for sharing or curling up." Looks like second time's the charm.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later