It's a little late now that President-elect Barack Obama has opted to keep on Cristeta Comerford in the White House chef position, but gourmet.com has published food guru Alice Waters' open letter to the Obamas, "in its full, final form." (NB: If you've ever wanted to forge Waters' signature, here's your chance.)
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.