This weekend, January 23 to 25, the 2009 Western Regional Barista Competition is being held at the Spring Arts Tower in downtown Los Angeles. The event is free and open to the public, so check it out if you want to see 25 competitors from California and Washington unleash their espresso-making skills. Of course, a steady stream of free coffee will be provided. [via Boing Boing]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout