Kobayashi just couldn't take the cake. On Friday, he came up six ounces short of the competitive fruitcake-eating record, at four pounds and eight ounces. He cited the density as a hindrance. Watch video footage from Fox News here.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How to Make Okonomiyaki: Japanese Comfort, Any Way You Like It
- Why You'll Never Find Unbleached Cake Flour in My Pantry
- It's Always Morning Somewhere: My Favorite Breakfasts Around the World
- Why Preserved Lemons Belong on Your Shelf
- Marinate Tough Greens, Use Fresh Herbs, and More Pro Tips for Better Salads