Check out this great comic by Chicago-based artist Lucy Knisley illustrating her and her boyfriend's 13-course meal at Alinea in all its pupil-dilating glory. If her drawings of the courses weren't enough—from the lamb stew in a bottomless cup to the dehydrated caramel dust with salt—she says, "the meal was probably the best meal I've ever eaten in my life." Considering that she wrote a book about exploring and eating in Paris, French Milk, she seems to be a food lover.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Extra-Juicy Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin