Get the Recipes
- Dinner Tonight: Blumenthal’s Roast Potatoes
- Classic Cookbooks: Delicious 'Dry' Potatoes
- Cook the Book: Tuna Conserva with Potatoes, Radicchio, Green Olives, and Almonds
- Cook the Book: April's Rosemary Straw Potatoes
- Meat Lite: Oven Roasted Potato Wedges with Bacon Grease
- Dinner Tonight: Braised Potatoes with Garlic
- Dinner Tonight: Scalloped Potatoes
Although potatoes are harvested earlier in the year, they're easily stored by producers from up to six months and that's why you'll see so many of them at the farmers' market this time of year. At home, you'll want to make sure to store them in a cool, dark, dry place to prevent them from sprouting or spoiling.
I'll happily eat potatoes any which way—french fried, scalloped, mashed, braised, hashed, stir-fried. Below are a variety of straight-forward potato preparations and recipes. I hope you'll use them as starting point for creating your own bit of potato deliciousness. Another pat of butter, a bit of bacon, some fresh rosemary, freshly ground pepper, are a few of my potato flair go-tos. I know, not exactly groundbreaking but easy and delicious. So what are your potato tricks and signature dishes?