Every day through January 1 we're giving away a crazy good food item on Serious Eats. Try your luck, and if you win, you'll be eating some seriously delicious food come the new year.
Our second-annual Serious Eats Holiday Giveaway series continues today with a chance to win the new, just-for-Serious-Eats Zingerman's Praise The Lard Gift Box. I think it is the quite simply the best pork product group ever assembled in one gift box. Before I get into that, there are two important points I need to tell you:
- Discount: You can buy this gift box or anything at Zingerman's for 10 percent off. Use the promo code SERIOUSLY when you call or check out. Good now until December 31
- If you recount your fondest pork memory in the comments of this post, you'll be entered to win the Praise the Lard Gift Box, mailed directly to you We'll choose the winner at random from among the comments below. Commenting will close at 3 p.m. ET tomorrow, December 16
OK, now listen to what's in it:
- A pound of Benton's Bacon: In a country full of worthy candidates, Allan Benton's intensely flavored bacon just might be my favorite
- Broadbent Kentucky Sausage: Why is this Kentucky sausage, which comes in a cloth bag, so delicious? It's made with fresh ground pork, sage, red pepper, salt, and a secret ingredient or two and then smoked over green hickory for 24 hours. That's why? 'Nuff said
- Sam Edward's Virginia Breakfast Sausage: The Edwards family has been making this sage-y sausage for over a hundred years ago, so you can be sure they have the recipe and the process down pat
- Spanish Chorizo: Subtle, rich, fantastic, real chorizo from Spain made with pork, garlic, and paprika, then all cured in a room dried by smoke of a smoldering fire
- Zingerman's Peppered Bacon Farm Bread: Bacon+Pepper+Zingerman's Bakehouse Bread=Serious Deliciousness
- Mo's Bacon Bar: Bacon+Chocolate=A sweet kind of serious deliciousness
AND THERE'S MORE!
The winner will also receive a $35 Neighborhoodies gift certificate, good for a Serious Eats' inspired Praise the Lard T-shirt or hoodie (or any other Neighborhoodies apparel).
If you recount your fondest pork memory in the comments of this post, you'll be entered to win the Praise the Lard Gift Box and the $35 Neighborhoodies gift certificate.
And if you don't happen to win the Praise the Lard Gift Box this time around, remember you can buy this gift box or anything at Zingerman's for 10 percent off. Use the promo code SERIOUSLY when you call or check out. —Ed Levine
You have until 3 p.m. ET tomorrow (December 16) to enter. One winner will be chosen at random from among the commenters. Contest winners are limited to residents of the continental U.S., and you can only win once during the duration of the Seriously Delicious Holiday Giveaway contest. The standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.