This past week the Boston Globe ran the obligatory "when times get tough, the tougher, cheaper cuts of meat become more popular" story. In fact, I prefer cheaper, slightly tougher cuts even when times are not tough. Which would you rather chow down on—skirt steak or filet mignon? No contest, right?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?