I had to do a double-take when I saw this photo of a steamed mini crab dumpling in Renée Suen's Flickr. I've seen some creatively shaped dim sum in my life, but never a pink dumpling in the shape of a crab, complete with pincers, a speckled "shell," and black sesame seed eyes. Renée says that the dumpling was filled with fresh crab meat, shrimp mousse, and vegetable sprouts. To get your own pink baby crab dumpling go to Lai Wah Heen in Toronto.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide