I had to do a double-take when I saw this photo of a steamed mini crab dumpling in Renée Suen's Flickr. I've seen some creatively shaped dim sum in my life, but never a pink dumpling in the shape of a crab, complete with pincers, a speckled "shell," and black sesame seed eyes. Renée says that the dumpling was filled with fresh crab meat, shrimp mousse, and vegetable sprouts. To get your own pink baby crab dumpling go to Lai Wah Heen in Toronto.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum