There are lots of things you can do with a microwave, other than the social norm (warm up leftovers). You can throw in a jar of Fluff or a plastic doll's head, and wait to see if it blows up. Or, throw in a pile of marshmallows with Christmas lights on top, then see if that blows up. A few guys put on lab coats and channeled their inner mad scientists. It's a six minute video, but if you like blowing stuff up vicariously, watch after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The $7,000 Pizza Oven You Don't Need (But Really Wish You Had)