There are lots of things you can do with a microwave, other than the social norm (warm up leftovers). You can throw in a jar of Fluff or a plastic doll's head, and wait to see if it blows up. Or, throw in a pile of marshmallows with Christmas lights on top, then see if that blows up. A few guys put on lab coats and channeled their inner mad scientists. It's a six minute video, but if you like blowing stuff up vicariously, watch after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique