It's no surprise that the American patron saint of molecular gastronomy wouldn't be satisfied with a humdrum oven-roasted turkey. Alinea's Grant Achatz walks us through a sous vide Thanksgiving (this is just part one; another is on the way). When his business partner Nick Kokonas first suggested the oven, Achatz responded with a stunned "No!" Psh, are you kidding him? It wouldn't be the holidays without a vacuum sealer and immersion circulator! Actually, Achatz says Ziploc baggies will work just fine. He even assures NFL lovers that sous-viding will not inhibit football-watching. Video, after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?