A veggie burger may not pass for a meat-based burger, but that doesn't mean it tastes bad. Monica Eng of the Chicago Tribune shares her picks for best veggie burgers around the city, in creative categories such as "Tastiest Pick for Mushroom Haters," "Best Sweet Potato Veggie Burger," and "Tastes Most Like a Chicago Hot Dog."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- The Perfect Blueberry Pie: Fast, Easy, and Totally Reliable
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits