"And if you look twice at the reasons why Palin hunts, they resemble an ideal cherished by city-dwelling, New York Times-reading folks. Sarah Palin is a locavore, harvesting meat from her local 'foodshed.'" [Slate, via Eater L.A.]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- Why I Prefer Teaspoons to Grams: 6 Measuring Mistakes That Derail Dessert
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits