I loved Julia Moskin's story in yesterday's New York Times about "rice cooker cooking," but c'mon, Julia—after you tell us that older rice cooker models are easier to cook in because their controls are easier to override, shouldn't you have told us which rice cooker we should buy? Serious eaters want to know. Can anybody help me out here?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique