I found these ridiculous wart-covered pumpkins at the quintessential country food market, Delicious Orchards, in Colts Neck, New Jersey. They don't necessarily scream "take me home and cook me." (Who knows what limbs you might grow afterward.) But they make for great front porch Halloween decor.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes