In her article about rice cooker cooking, Julia Moskin refers to a bread recipe "from a popular television show about a superhero’s quest to develop a 'national loaf' for Japan." Her description missed a few key bits of information: the television show is Yakitate!! Japan, the superhero is Kazuma Azuma, and it's the best and strangest show you will ever watch about a bread making competition. Here's a video of the rice cooker bread tutorial that appeared at the end of episode 27. You can also read the directions at wikiHow.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers