Milky nougat-like White Rabbit candies have been found to contain melamine, adding to the string of melamine-tainted dairy products coming from China. Melamine is an industrial chemical that can cause kidney stones and kidney failure, and has already sickened tens of thousands of infants in China. [via Gothamist]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk