Pinkberry seems to spend half its time in court. This week, the Los Angeles-based frozen dessert chain filed lawsuits against six shops: Yoberry, Yoberry, Yogiberry, Pingo Yogurt, Peachberry, and Monkee's Teriyaki. (Monkee's Teriyaki?!) Those in trouble too heavily mimicked Pinkberry's name, fruit-shaped swirl logo, or "minimalist layout."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Special Sauce: Carla Hall on Crank Calls, Hot Chicken, and Unlocking Your Creativity
- 7 Great Uses for a Fine-Mesh Strainer (Besides Straining)