Pinkberry seems to spend half its time in court. This week, the Los Angeles-based frozen dessert chain filed lawsuits against six shops: Yoberry, Yoberry, Yogiberry, Pingo Yogurt, Peachberry, and Monkee's Teriyaki. (Monkee's Teriyaki?!) Those in trouble too heavily mimicked Pinkberry's name, fruit-shaped swirl logo, or "minimalist layout."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Frozen Mezcal Paloma: The Bright, Not-Too-Sweet Answer to a Margarita
- Flipping Out for the Perfect Spanish Tortilla (Tortilla Española)
- What You're Really Getting When You Buy Parmesan Cheese in America