Pinkberry seems to spend half its time in court. This week, the Los Angeles-based frozen dessert chain filed lawsuits against six shops: Yoberry, Yoberry, Yogiberry, Pingo Yogurt, Peachberry, and Monkee's Teriyaki. (Monkee's Teriyaki?!) Those in trouble too heavily mimicked Pinkberry's name, fruit-shaped swirl logo, or "minimalist layout."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- Garlic-Parsley Butter (Beurre Maître d'Hôtel)
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits