Pinkberry seems to spend half its time in court. This week, the Los Angeles-based frozen dessert chain filed lawsuits against six shops: Yoberry, Yoberry, Yogiberry, Pingo Yogurt, Peachberry, and Monkee's Teriyaki. (Monkee's Teriyaki?!) Those in trouble too heavily mimicked Pinkberry's name, fruit-shaped swirl logo, or "minimalist layout."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants