Says USA Today: "Another key part of the plan is the company's new Kool Kreme soft serve, which will be featured with a toppings bar. The product is being tested in several stores around the country. Whether the new offering will boost sales remains to be seen, but analysts have yet to be impressed—especially as Krispy Kreme's competitors are trying to attract health-conscious customers with egg-white sandwiches and whole-grain pastries."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- The Best Honing Steel (Not Sharpening Steel!) for Your Knife
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait