While a new food labeling law goes into effect tomorrow, don't expect to find the country of origin of processed food or roasted nuts, fruit platters, turkey, bacon, juice, and mixed frozen vegetables. Will consumers adjust their purchasing habits based on this new info? We'll be looking for reports after the six month compliance period.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: How to Make Great Home Fries
- How to Make the Best Arnold Palmer Ever
- The Food Lab: The Secret to Perfectly Imperfect Yakitori (Japanese-Style Grilled Chicken Skewers)
- For Better Tuna Salad Sandwiches, With Mayo or Without, Add More Fish
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment