Zou Shiming, China's gold medal-winning boxer in the light-flyweight division, slimmed down for the Olympics by eating a diet including pizza and hamburgers. Besides that he enjoys eating Western food, he says, "Chinese food is greasy so Western food is helpful when I am trying to control my weight."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?