Zou Shiming, China's gold medal-winning boxer in the light-flyweight division, slimmed down for the Olympics by eating a diet including pizza and hamburgers. Besides that he enjoys eating Western food, he says, "Chinese food is greasy so Western food is helpful when I am trying to control my weight."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure