The late cartoonist Rube Goldberg, known for his drawings of absurdly complex devices that perform otherwise simple tasks, inspired this cocktail-mixing machine, which allows a seedless cucumber to travel through a matrix of cups until finally sliced and ready to garnish a vodka lemonade. You could probably fix the same drink—with just your hands—in about a minute, but why would you ever do that? The viewing experience is all the more enjoyable with polka music playing at the end.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast