It's easy to get local produce at this renown San Francisco market, "But now, shoppers ... can buy wheat berries from the Eatwell Farm stand and either grind it into flour themselves in the stand's small mill or ask one of the farm stand helpers to do it for them. The whole wheat flour, from a hard red winter wheat, works well in pancakes as well as bread recipes, says Nigel Walker."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?