Want an easy project for the weekend that will result in something useful but all you have on hand is heavy cream? Mike Procopio of Bay Area Bites has just the thing for you with his butter-making tutorial. Simply dump your heavy cream in a bowl and whip it until it turns into whipped cream. And then continue whipping until the whipped cream turns into clumps of butter!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams