The New York Times has a slideshow profiling six Olympians and their physical stats, most including daily calorie consumptions. Weightlifter Cheryl Haworth is at the low end with 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day, while rower Brett Newlin shoots for 6,000 calories a day.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?