The New York Times has a slideshow profiling six Olympians and their physical stats, most including daily calorie consumptions. Weightlifter Cheryl Haworth is at the low end with 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day, while rower Brett Newlin shoots for 6,000 calories a day.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Stuffing on the Side: How to Make Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab's Step-by-Step Guide to Smoking a Turkey